|Home » |
Nordic Ware 65004 11-Inch Microwave Plate Cover
Fits dinner plates up to 11 inches and the Nordic Ware 2-sided Bacon-Meat Grill. Allows you to view food without spatters in the microwave. Prevents spatters in microwave and keeps food warm for serving. Clear see-thru plastic to view food as it cooks. Proudly made in the USA.
Protects against food splatter
Fits dinner plates up to 11 inches in diameter
Top rack dishwasher safe
Made in the USA
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 743 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 743 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
132 of 134 found the following review helpful:
Time saver and improves flavorMay 29, 2003
By A Reader
We lived in Europe for many years and had a dish cover similar to this. After many years of use, we needed a replacement.
When I received this, I was pleasantly surprised. One can see clearly through this and it fits standard dinner plates beautifully.
If you are still using plastic wrap, wax paper, or paper towels to cover your cooking / reheating items, then you are truly doing things the hard way!
If you are not covering your microwave cooking / reheating at all, then you just LOVE CLEANING NASTY MESSES!
I was so impressed, I bought one for each of my sisters-in-law, my parents, and my single brother. They are still talking about the greatest, and most useful Christmas present 6 months later!
I highly recommend this. It saves the cleaning time... It saves you from finger burns when pulling your other covers off the cooking...
107 of 111 found the following review helpful:
Really Works - Wish I Had Bought it SoonerFeb 15, 2007
I bought this item when I had to replace my microwave and I was hoping to reduce 'microwave smell' - that funky tomato sauce smell that blows out from microwaves after too many spatters. You can clean out a microwave, but you can't clean behind the vent grids, and that is where splatters go and live forever, in pungent biomass. So I figured the food would blow out the vent hole of the cover and splat the roof of my oven, but reduce the problem. We use the oven mostly for reheating and melting. This cover exceeded my expectations.
1. It fits my tiny Sharp R-209KK 800 watt oven - a bit of an overhang but it has never fallen off the platter.
2. No discernable splatters even on the roof of my oven, which I wipe out every day! The steam vent (not a finger hole) on top releases the pressure at the top where steam rises. Even pyrex casseroles with glass lids are not as good because pressure builds, the lid lifts from the steam, and they shoot hot liquid in all directions.
3. Food cooks better. We used to use paper towel, or another dish to cover the food. Here food cooks in a moist environment and doesn't 'explode' as much because of the steam regulation from the clever top vent. Paper towel would always slide off or sink into the food and cook into the food and let food blast out the edges.
4. The cover doesn't get very dirty. I guess because food explodes less it is easy to clean by dunking in my dishpan and rinsing. Nothing has baked onto this lid.
5. The food keeps better. If it is done cooking, I can leave the food in the microwave because the lid keeps it from drying out.
6. It works great on taller containers that still fit under the circle. I have Rubbermaid microwave containers that are about 5 inchers tall and 5x5 inches at the base. I can set this lid on top of the container. The vent hole keeps the contents from blowing and protects the oven.
The hole on top is not a finger hole. Use pot holders to remove anything from a microwave. Be defensive. It only takes one mishap to land a surprise burn. Never assume a spot is safe to touch.
I note the comments about breakage. I wonder if that is from dishwasher heat? I find rigid plastic dishes cannot take the hot water treatment without becoming brittle, and often become opaque and crack, so I am hand washing which is easy because it hardly gets dirty. Dunk, swipe, rinse.
I saw the cheap Chinese imitations. I will stick with American made plastics for food prep and save a job too. Nordic Ware is a great innovative company
And hey, if your food is piled higher than the cover you need something else.
86 of 90 found the following review helpful:
Excellent, but limited lifeJan 02, 2005
I read all the reviews and bought this cover, about a year ago. It is fabulous! Works as advertised and the microwave food stayed moist instead of getting dried out. The center hole was a little rough so I used some sandpaper on it to smooth it out. However, in the last couple of weeks the entire cover is filled with cracks and splits. For the cover itself, 5 stars - for the limited life 1 star. I am buying a second one now.
22 of 22 found the following review helpful:
nordicware microwave coverOct 27, 2000
I love this cover! No more dirty microwave! I don't have to struggle with the plastic and wax paper wrap.(I bought two of them and sent one to my sister in Germany.She loves her's too.)I never liked using my plastic bowls and lids in the microwave they always seemed to either exploded or the food was only hot on one side.This really does the trick.I highly recommend this cover.
112 of 132 found the following review helpful:
Need more improvement in design and manufacturingFeb 22, 2004
By R. Ocampo
I purchased this item based on the reviews. I received mine a few days ago and was instantly disappointed based on a number of things.
1. It's too short. Why do most manufacturers make microwave covers like these? What happens with other tallers container like soup bowls or plates with big items like chicken? The cover will touch the food.
2. Why is the cover tinted? The microwave door is already tinted so the extra tinting renders your view of the items inside the cover close to nill. Clear or frosted microwave covers are better.
3. The manufacturing quality is poor. I got the product full of scratches and cracks all over. There was even one long scratch on one side. The plastic sides was not smooth.
Overall, it is not a good product and I would advise looking for something else much taller in height and with better manufacturing quality.
See all 743 customer reviews on Amazon.com